The UK Forest Market Report 2019
The 21st edition of the UK Forest Market Report, produced by Tilhill Forestry and John Clegg & Co, outlines a positive outlook for the “robust” market in its annual analysis and commentary on the forestry and woodland sector and highlights its “powerful attraction as an investment asset”.
- 23% Year-on-Year rise in average forestry values to £11,478 per stocked hectare (ha).
- 21% increase in the total value of the forestry market.
- Commercial forestry transactions worth £126.5m completed in the past year.
- 14,235 ha (gross) of forestry traded in 2019 (81 forests).
- Decrease in the average size of sold forestry property from 196 ha in 2018 to 136 ha.
- Average cost £1.56m.
- 69% of properties sold above their guide price with 14% of properties selling at more than 150% over guide.
- Continued strength in the mixed woodlands market.
- Scotland held the largest share of forestry market transactions (78% of recorded sales).
- Planting targets exceeded in Scotland.
- Positive outlook for forestry market.
Click here to download the report.
Visit Strutt & Parker’s Forestry Division John Clegg & CO website for more information on all aspects of commercial forestry and woodland management.